Our Film Program is in dire need of an upgrade! Old equipment is rapidly falling apart, and we need new equipment to keep pace with the evolving digital world. We are seeking donations for the following:
- 1. NEW EQUIPMENT: We’re seeking funds to buy new cameras, new sound equipment, animation software, a lighting kit, and more. This influx of equipment will keep our program going, and will enable us to create more studio-oriented projects.
- 2. EDUCATIONAL FILMS FOR PARENTS: In addition to our student program, we are planning an educational film series for parents. These films apply our unique “common sense” approach to educational issues in ways that apply to all facets of life. Here is the first film in the series on “How Everybody Learns:” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLN9r_E8K3M * Future films will include the following topics: HOW TO GET KIDS TO BEHAVE, HOW TO GET KIDS TO DO HOMEWORK, WHY DOES HISTORY REPEAT ITSELF? WHY CAN’T PEOPLE COMMUNICATE?
- 3. EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE FOR STUDENTS: One of our chief program goals is to provide real-world opportunities for our students in Digital Media. An influx of new and professional equipment will enable our students to gain experience doing videography, podcasting, and digital marketing, and help prepare them for careers in Digital Media.
Our goal is to raise at least $10,000 in funds and new equipment.
1. Professional Quality Camera such as the Canon XF 200 (https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/camcorders/professional/xf200
2. Three Consumer Quality Cameras such as the Canon VIXIA HF R72 (http://hdvcam.net/canon/canon-vixia-hf-r72-review/)
3. Editing Software like Final Cut Pro (http://www.apple.com/final-cut-pro/) and Pro Tools (http://www.avid.com/pro-tools
4. Animation Software such as Autodesk Maya (http://www.autodesk.com/products/maya/overview)
5. Video Lighting Kit (https://www.videomaker.com/article/f22/9362-choosing-the-best-video-lighting-kit)
6. Wireless Microphone Set such as the Sony UWP series (https://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/cat-audio/cat-wirelessmics/?navId=4294966607+4294966501)
7. Blue Screen, C Stands, and other Accessories
THANK YOU GIFTS!!!
DONATIONS OF $25:
Dedication at Annual Spring Film Festival; Free Download Link to Festival Program
DONATIONS OF $100:
A personalized “Thank You” video made by our students; Dedication at Annual Spring Film Festival; Free Download Link to Festival Program
DONATIONS OF $500:
Personal Film Editing Service for any project; A personalized “Thank You” video made by our students; Dedication at Annual Spring Film Festival; Free Download Link to Festival Program
Since 2011, Common Sense Special Education has been serving students with Autism, ADHD, and other Learning Differences across the San Francisco Bay Area. Among these services is a Special Needs Film Program on the campus of Star Academy in San Rafael. The mission of this program is to use the filmmaking process to enable students to express themselves and interact with the world around them. This program is unique in its focus on process over technology, challenging students to deal with the trial-and-error realities of getting things done.
So please DONATE NOW by pressing the DONATE button below: